Bob Davis

Default Can Pan Cake Air Compressor Refill a 5-gal Air Tank for a Brad Gun?

The compressor is Senco branded. I don't know if its sold separately under a
different brand. Here's a link on the Woodcraft website

http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/...9AD47F6F71F3C9

If that link fails, go to www.woodcraft.com and search for "Senco
compressor".

The compressor is the smallest compressor I have seen anywhere and I really
like the size. I can lift it with one hand. Just recently, I used the
nailer to tack down a bunch of floor sheathing in the attic. I could walk up
the attic stairway with nailer hooked on my belt and compressor in one hand.
When I was using it, I would put down a 4 foot wood strip for a guide and
pop the brads out at a rate of about 2/second. The little compressor
faithfully did its job. I would hate to have been doing this same job
lugging around the one of the other compressors I've seen (like the Porter
Cable model).

Woodcraft prices are pure retail. If I had been on my toes, I could have
purchased this combo at Lowe's for 10-20% off.

Bob

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
I have the small compressor that Senco sells with their brad FP18 brad

gun.
Its perfectly matched. The compressor hardly makes any noise at all. Its
sounds more like a mad butterfly. In fact, I could run out in the open

in
my driveway and the neighbors still would not notice.

Would you please give me the manufacturer name and model number of
that ultra quiet small air compressor, and where do you order it if
you don't mind.

My another alterative is Delta CP200. According to the spec, it is
described as having a quiet motor.

I have given up on the 1.5HP 2-gal Craftman single-hot-dog air
compressor because its spec doesn't say whether it is quiet or not (it
is oil-lubed direct drive). I assume that if it doesn't say so,
"quietness" may not be its selling point.

Thanks.

Jay Chan