Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Removing cyanoacrylate bloom

An idiot subcontractor decided that instead of using the glue we supplied, it would be quicker to
use cyanoacrylate to fix an internal part on a 1 metre long x 40mm dia custom polycarb LED fixture
tube. All 200 of them...

We now have a very visible patch of white haze in the centre of the inside of the tubes.

I've tried some RS cyano debonder I had to hand, which does appear to make a fairly good job of
removing it, but we will need something resembling a 2 foot long cotton-bud to get to it....

Just wondering if there were any other magic tricks (apart from using low-bloom cyano!), or
particularly good brands of debonder that anyone has found to remove the bloom.... something that
doesn't need wiping off to leave a reasonably transparent finish would be particurlarly good due to
the access issues....