Chris Oates

Default CCTV Video Capture

"Big Tim" Use.the.reply.to@address wrote in message

I think I want all the cameras to be colour,

A good black & white system is preferable to a
budget colour one - good colour cameras + lens
= big outlay

but (and this may be a dumb question) can you see the IR "lights" when
they are activated?

no

The Stingray 4 Port PCI thingy looks like the type of thing, but it's
£190 before you've got a camera. Have I mentioned I have (deep
pockets, short arms) a budget?

We tried several 4 port cards & all seem to share the same
chipset - the difference was the drivers which is CRITICAL
to the PC running the card.

Still looking like the Trust 814.

Tried that - didn't work with supplied software but worked
with 3rd party software which didn't have motion detection.

This worked with windows XP
http://tinyurl.com/rylq

We don't use it for motion detection or recording
(VCR rack for that) but feed it from banks of multiplexers
for screen captures for the Police.

The multiplexers are fed from a huge variety of cameras
(all auto iris) auto infra red night vision, programable CCD
that can 'look' into areas of vastly different light level, remote
ones which are wireless linked - some are 240v & plug into
a mains socket & some are run via 300ft of multicore camera cable