Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Cox Latest To Dump Free Usenet Access

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:36:16 -0500, "
wrote:

Absolutely! Though I use GG from work because NNTP access is
blocked. I'm even thinking about Go To My PC to access the Usenet
via my home system. It's that bad.

Have a look at this. The full version is free...

*TeamViewer - the All-In-One Solution for
Remote Access and Support over the Internet

TeamViewer connects to any PC or server around the world within a few
seconds. You can remote control your partner's PC as if you were
sitting right in front of it. Find out why more than 60 million users
trust TeamViewer!

http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

TeamViewer is very good, but has, for some, an important drawback: It's not
free for commercial use.

A better choice is Mikogo: (www.mikogo.com)
* Free for ANY use,
* Active and server users can interchange control,
* Up to eight viewers can connect simultaneously to facilitate training or
demonstration,
and, best of all,
* Requires that the remote site install NOTHING on their computer! They
simply access the Mikogo web site.

For our technical support, we ask our user to go to the Mikogo web site
(using Internet Explorer, Firefox, whatever) and enter the nine-digit code
we supply. PRESTO! We're in control of their computer. By entering a couple
of commands, the remote user can even control OUR computer.