Greg G.

Default Can Pan Cake Air Compressor Refill a 5-gal Air Tank for a Brad Gun?

Jay Chan said:

I mainly want to clean filter cartridges of a shop vac or a dust
collector. Because a filer cartridge has many folds. Cleaning all the
folds probably will take a lot of air. In order to get one that can
really clean all the folds in a filter cartridge, I will need a BIG
compressor will a LARGE air tank. This likely kills my budget. I
probably will have to do this cleaning without using an air compressor
low-pressure compressor that doesn't need an air tank for cleaning
filter cartridge (instead of trying to get one air compressor to do
two different things). We don't want to use high pressure to blow dust
off a filter cartridge, right?

Seem like a small air compressor is all I should use -- for now.

Any compressor without a tank that will move enough air to operate a
standard air nozzle is going to be pretty big.

Why don't you use a shop-vac with a washable filter to clean the Dust
Collector filter, and a small compressor top run your brad nailer?

A shop-vac in BLOW mode would probably work fine. Just blow the
filter outside - not indoors. Besides, too much air pressure from an
air nozzle may damage the filter material by blasting holes in it.

Greg G.