Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

On 04/12/10 07:53 am, ransley wrote:

I bought a Lights of America LED bulb last year. It was very dim
(Probably about half the rated output), had an odd color spectrum to
it that I can't quite put my finger on, and it only lasted about 2
weeks before it burned out.

LED lights aren't there yet. Maybe in a few years.

I bought that LOA crap, its one of the junk LEDs as you say, funny it
wasnt even on the LOA web site, ACE sold it to me, im ****ed at that
LOA -ACE bulb too

We bought some LOA LED bulbs at Sam's -- two different kinds: the one
kind all seem to be doing OK still, while the one PAR38 one has just
lost one-fourth of its LEDs. They are supposed to have a 3-yr warranty;
I'll have to check how much we paid and see if it's worth the shipping
cost to send it back for a replacement

We also bought some LOA PAR30 bulbs at Costco. Just after one of them
lost half of its LEDs, we got a letter from Costco inviting us to return
them all for a full refund, as they had been found not to last as long
as advertised. We took Costco up on the offer.

Perhaps Sam's, Costco and Ace all got what seemed to them like good
deals on items that had in fact been discontinued.

The only LED bubs I see anywhere now are much more expensive and have
much lower light outputs.

Perce