Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fender Twin reverb from 1979

"Nutcase _Kook"

Assuming I cannot get 1.5 inch long UNC 8/32 bolts in the UK, other than a
hundred or stupid min order quotes, any suggestions. ? I cannot return
this
amp , despite repair, as it is unsafe. The 4 vertically mounted screws
that
litterally hold the amp into the cab are stripped to next to useless. Not
captive nuts , nor spire nuts in the chassis part, sort of combination of
both.

** A 1979 Fender Twin Reverb is the 135 watt model - with ultra-linear
output stage.

The chassis looks like this:

http://www.tru-solutions.jp/Fender_T..._79_JBL_04.jpg

The black steel U-clips take the thread of the four top bolts - they will
also accept ordinary self tapping screws of the right size.

The three holes in the back edge take self tapping screws driven into the
top of the cabinet and will hold the chassis solidly in place *on their
own*.

The
owners mistreat the amp and can keep the originals along with the all too
tempting-to-turn rear voltage selector knob . Fine for USA but out and out
safety hazzard in the UK, especially the way this lot abuse their kit.
Removed and plated off over the spindle and knob fitted internally inside
the amp for any later purists.

** The red voltage selector knob merely has to be removed to eliminate the
hazard.

...... Phil