Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Safety of microwave cooking

In article nc, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:17:39 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
wrote:

And if you google "french frys cancer" you get refered to Acrylamide.

Anti-Cancer Drugs in French Fries: Good Idea?

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/20...n_french_fries
_good_idea.php

Most of the links I read quoted the original 2002 study in Sweden that
eventually showed *NO* correlation between acrylamide and cancer in
rodents.

"Further, the International Journal of Cancer found no link
between acrylamide consumption and cancer of the oral cavity,
pharynx, esophagus, larynx, large bowel, breast and ovaries."

However, there are plenty of dietary reasons to justify avoiding fried
foods.

Better to feed the fries to the rats and then eat the rats.

I don't know if its still true. but I like to buy Ca. oranges vs Florida since
Florida put cancer causing orange dye on the fruit.
I sometime eat skins.

Ca. seems knowlegable about that. One of those Ca. things.
Ca. did not put any dye on the orange, but I have got some real orange oranges lately.

greg