Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Fast CNC & WD

On 4/21/2010 1:16 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Winston wrote:
On 4/21/2010 7:48 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Ok... my little toy mill is never going to scream like some of those
machines featured in YouTube videos,

(...)

I am talking an order of magnitude difference. We aren't talking
a 20-50% improvement in efficiency, but in this particular experiment
nearly 2000%.

The active ingredient in WD appears to be Mineral Spirits available in
1 gallon jugs for less than 10 bucks from the big box stores.

So less than 8c/oz vs 30c/oz. for WD.

I would be very interested in your test results using Mineral Spirits
as a cutting fluid for aluminum.

Kerosene will work equally well.

Does that mean I could use diesel fuel at $3.40 a gallon
(or less than 3c per oz.)?

--Winston

--

Gary was a liar, a thief, a scoundrel and a psychologist.
He was the most redundant man I ever met.