Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_2_] Tegger[_2_] is offline

Default Teen electrocuted changing bulb at gas station

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"Bob Villa" wrote

I would rather change an 8 ft single pin to those 4 ft bi-pin SOB
tubes! (Some bi-pin connectors are push-in, not common, but much
better than the twist variety)

I seem to have a problem with the pins, too. I like those single pin
spring loaded types a lot better. I'm always afraid I'm going to pop
the glass, and have it rain down on me.

Had exactly that happen to me once.

I worked in a packaging factory in the early-'80s. My machine had a pair of
single-pin 8-footers above the takeoff section. One day, while incautiously
lifting and raising some very large corrugated sheets, I felt a thump,
heard a heard a CRACK-tinkle, and it suddenly got a lot darker. I instantly
knew /exactly/ what had happened, dropped the load and sprinted out of
there. Just in time.

It took me fifteen minutes to clean up the glass and powder, replace the
bulbs and continue my work. Got LOTS of respect for those bulbs now...

--
Tegger