Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Photocopy machine

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:08:12 -0400, Metspitzer wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:12:54 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:20:42 -0500, "[SMF]"

I use "Active Kill Disk Hard Drive Eraser" available he

http://download.cnet.com/Active-Kill...-10188745.html

http://tinyurl.com/amhwg9

TDD

This product works, every time, and is excellent for stress
relief:

http://www.gardenerstoolshed.com/med...ni_maul_lg.jpg

You don't have to use it for security only. If a device fails,
becomes outdated, is just plain annoying, or if you've got the
need for some true anger management and don't give a rip about
destroying a moderately useful item, the MM is your tool.

I have a Western Digital drive with a bullet hole in it over my work
bench to remind me not to buy another one. That would have been very
effective in rendering it unreadable, if it was still readable when I
shot it.

I seem to have a large fail rate with WD drives. I bought a SeaGate
time.

I've had a couple of SeaGates go over the past couple of years too. All
manufacturers seem to lose the recipe periodically.