Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Rebuilding Retaining Walls

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:59:34 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

Using concrete or concrete blocks will not allow the trapped water to
escape.

Doesn'that depend on the water table? There is still no bottom to the
yard, and if the water table is normally below the bottom of the wall,
it will go down and escape that way. Even if it is not below the
bottom of the wall, water will go down to the water table and spread
out, eventually going around the wall.

But maybe I'm wrong.

My detailed studies at the time I did mine indicated that the dry
laid blocks which allowed natural drainage of water were a superior product.
I think the brand I purchased was Lee Blocks and I think they have a website
under that name.

None of the treated wood sold today is anywhere near as good as the old
stuff. High quality used RR ties are probably still your cheapest, fastest
option.