Bob Davis

Default Can Pan Cake Air Compressor Refill a 5-gal Air Tank for a Brad Gun?

I have the small compressor that Senco sells with their brad FP18 brad gun.
Its perfectly matched. The compressor hardly makes any noise at all. Its
sounds more like a mad butterfly. In fact, I could run out in the open in
my driveway and the neighbors still would not notice.

Now if you buy a much bigger direct drive oil-less compressor, those things
will rattle your teeth. I understand you can do an effective job enlosing
one to knock the sound down.

If I were you, I'd spend the dollars on the little Senco compressor rather
than an air tank. Their brad nailer is top notch.

Bob

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
m...

Because my garage workshop is near the property line, I want to keep
the noise down when I am doing woodworking. One of the thing that I
want to purchase is a brad gun. But my understanding is that those
cheap/small air compressor (oil-less and direct-drive) are very noisy,
and the relatively quiet air compressor (oil-lubed and belt-driven)
are expensive and big. I want to be able to (1) keep the noise down in
the workshop, (2) limit the space requirement, (3) reduce cost.