Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill McKee Bill McKee is offline

Default Metalworking

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
... I have found more than one small item that went
flying, and I had very little confidence in finding one of them. It's
kinda like fishing.

Yeah, "kinda like fishing" in that sometimes you catchem & sometimes you
don't. I lost a small part once that I desperately needed - ran a magnet
over every square inch of the shop floor (on my hands & knees) & didn't
find it. Someone here once posted that really small parts sometimes get
into a quantum mechanical state where they tunnel to a small town in
Kansas. I believe it.

Bob

I had a spring thingy go flying one time. Finally bought another device.
Forget even what I was working on. About 2 years later, I am on a ladder
and see it on top of a wall cabinet. I am sure I heard it hit the floor.