Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Found: Datasheet stash.

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

My broadband account feeds the PC where I spend the most time - I
can't afford a second account for the other PC.

If you have a router you should be able to plug in several machines.
A typical modem/router will support at least 125 machines.

Over a distance of 2&1/2 miles?

You didn't let on that it was two separate locations. :-)

Actually I have a client that is using wifi with a short yagi that piggy
backs onto an open Mcdonalds hot spot that is about a mile away. Also
if its any help BT are installing wifi hot spots that you can get into
with an existing BB account. There is one about 50ft from me and it
just blows the laptop front end away.

The PC with no broadband is on a remote housing estate - its actually nearer
the neighbouring town's center than its own town center, and the TC its
nearer to is "ye olde market town", so there isn't likely to be an
accessible wifi hot spot any time soon.

From time to time I plug in the Linksys adapter and play around with
netstumbler to see if there's any unsecured channels, but it usually turns
out to be a tedious waste of time.