Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

In article , Tegger wrote:
(Don Klipstein) wrote in
:

Incandescents also work OK at higher temperatures that CFLs and LED
bulbs are not OK in.

And you can safely put the very same incandescent
1) over your stove
2) by your bed
3) on the porch
4) upside down
5) in the kids' rooms...

And you know the light emitted is always going to look "right" no matter
low little you paid for that incandescent.

I am happy to leave CFLs on the store shelf for others to buy.

As it turns out, I am happy to:

1. Buy 13 watt bare spirals that serve me well in my ceiling fan light,
despite being somewhat upside-down, and in my encvlosed kitchen ceiling
fixture

2. Buy 19 watt 3500K spirals that serve me well in my bathroom light,
my bedroom floor lamp, and my smaller living room floor lamp.

3. Have purchased in a bit of quantity 13 watt 4100K twintubes for my
modified larger living room floor lamp (quad-13-watt), although I plan
to replace it or remodify it to take a single 42 watt 4100K spiral once
my stock of 13-watt twintubes runs low (which may be quite a while),
maybe somewhat sooner. (I have other applications for 13 watt twintubes.)

4. Use the 9 watt spiral that serves me well for the light over my
kitchen stove.

- Don Klipstein )