Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Photocopy machine

wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:31:45 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

They don't make hard drives which could
store every image copied by a copier -- just no way to store the
data for 2 million copies on one hard drive...

Of course they do. A typical B/W copier image might only be 40-50kb,
that is 100 gig for 2 million pictures. I do agree they probably don't
store that many and that work area does get rewritten but that just
means the data miner is only getting the most recent thousand images
or so. That could still be troubling if a significant number were
customer records and internal business documents.

What's fascinating it that nobody knows they have hard drives.They all
assume they all had ram memory as in the past that goes away when
powered down. I'm sure if they knew, the IS departments would have wiped
the drives. Instead, thousands or millions of used copiers are sitting
in warehouses that resell them world wide. You would think that would
trigger a homeland security alert and a freeze on them. I ain't heard
diddly squat about it.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........