Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default Hey..you guys in Oz..whats this about?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:37:59 +1000, "Grumpy"
wrote:
Incidentally, there are far more kangaroos now than there have ever been.
Their numbers are limited by the availability of water,and, as graziers
drill wells to supply water for their livestock,they benefit as well.

A few years ago, I drove to Brisbane from Perth via Peterboro,
Broken Hill, Wilcannia. On one stretch of road, about 400 km (240
miles) there was a dead kangaroo (roadkill) about every 10 metres on
both sides of the road, that works out at about 80,000 roos. That
does not include the 800,000+ that managed to dodge the trucks.

I once hit one, it bounded out of the side of the road, I just saw a
blur, hit the right side of the bullbar and bounced off into my driver
side front door leaving a big dent. Another roadkill and insurance
claim.

Of course the greenie nuts claim they are an "Endangered species"

Alan