Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
StephenM[_2_] StephenM[_2_] is offline

Default Kayak - cockpit combing

Another wow!
Very interesting.
Looks like it is coming along well.
Do I see some sanding to be done on the body?

Yes. Drips dribbles and smears in the epoxy. Theres actually a whole lot
more "defects" in the epoxy coat now that the shear (seam between hull and
deck) has been glassed. You can lay it out nice and smooth ... and then a
drip will form 2 hours later. Ugh! I find that a file is the most effective
and pinpoint tool for knocking off the high spots. It's an exercise in
flattening more so than smoothing.

That is not fiberglass so it is a water based epoxy coat.

Yes it is fiberglass cloth, saturated with epoxy and then additional coats
to fill the texture of the weave.

I imagine you can sand and do more coats as necessary.

Yep.

Regards,

Steve