Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Stihl Chainsaw

On Apr 19, 1:37*pm, wrote:
On Apr 18, 10:44*pm, Steve Barker wrote:

A Stihl is a Stihl. *There is no such thing as a "LO-end" Stihl.
There's no such thing as a "home owner type" Stihl. *So yes, go for the
Stihl saw that meets your budget and needs. *Always use the Stihl oil in
the fuel AND on the bar and you won't be disappointed.

Bzzt. Wrong.

Stihl MS290 - retail $349
Stihl MS260 - retail $509

If there weren't different grades of saws, why is the SMALLER saw more
expensive by a long shot?

Some of the smaller expensive saws are extra light weight. So you can
take them up a tree if you're a climber. I forgot the model but I'm
pretty sure stihl makes one for using up in a tree. When you're on
the side of a tree in spikes you want light.