Greg G.

Default Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1

Ken Yee said:

Greg G. wrote in :

Dumb answer... Lots-o-money? g

Only if you really thought you could have
gotten away w/ not using the Router Raiser :-)

Apparently attempting to avoid the Rout-R-Lift was a mistake.

I was just curious why you ruled out the
DW618PK which is around the same price as the
PC695PK. The Dewalt seems better than the venerable
Bosch 617 and it sounds like the PC is worse w/ all
the plastic/aluminum parts in the wear areas...

Prices on the DeWalt were $299 instead of the $229, I like PC's 690
routers - they are an industry standard, and the DeWalt did not have
the router table top adjustment ability. I also have some PC
accessories I wanted to retain instead of buying new ones.

No real quality issues that I am aware of. I own several DeWalt
tools, and although they are of Chinese origin as well, I have not had
any problems with them.

Greg G.