Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Metalworking

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:44:17 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Anyway, I just wanted to share a day in the life of a real metalworker,
who's out there doing it and not sitting around talking about bull****
political **** all day.

YMMV

Steve

I created an opportunity for a metalworking project. After a bit of
cleanup my first try at stress-free pillar-bedding bedding a rifle
actually doesn't look bad at all. While reassembling the trigger assy
to the barrelled action, I had this little spring within an amoeba's
red **** hair of aligned and ready to poke the pin when ... PING! That
spring is now orbiting Fargo for all I know. Oh darn! I had a
plastic bag right there at hand but I thought I wouldn't need to work
in a bag to keep track of that little ****ant spring. Wrong-o!

So now I need to make a spring from my memory of what that spring
looked like. I can probably eventually get one from Savage or
Brownell's or someone but I want to get this rifle back in service so
I can see how it shoots.