Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default New Stihl Chainsaw

On Apr 18, 3:17*pm, Tony wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Tony wrote:
Looking to buy a new chainsaw. *How do the low end home owner type
Stihls hold up?

I have no idea what you consider "low end" but my Stihl MS 180c has held up
fine, bought it six years ago after a bunch of hurricanes.

I confused myself (easily done) forgot I had just been looking at Lows
at the Husqvarna's and that was what I was thinking of. *They have a
high medium and real low end. *Only the low end one had the easy to
adjust chain tension. *I didn't write down the model numbers.

I bought a Stihl and my neighbor bought a Husqvarna about the same
time about 5 years ago. We both heat our homes with wood. I have cut
at least 5x the trees that he has, primarily because my saw has never
failed and his is usually down for repairs. Stihl has the name and
quality where Husqvarna has the name without the quality it used to
have.

KC