Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

On Apr 12, 1:49*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/12/2010 4:42 AM ransley spake thus:

On Apr 11, 11:42 am, Roy wrote:

What's with the 8000 hr. b.s.? I've had a number of them last only
about 500 hours and of course I had thrown the packaging away. Now, I
write the installation date on the sleeve and file it away. Of course
if you don't have the freakin receipt, you're up the creek as well.
Even some from the same lot have different life-times. The ones that
lasted the longest were in outside enclosed fixtures and were turned
on for eight to twelve hour durations all year long.

Buy HD stuff, you are in their computer and just the other day I
returned some without a reciept, HD has a 9 yr warranty and I often
buy the CFls so im in their computer, no mail in required.

So do they just scan the bulb? Is the bulb's barcode in their database?
What if you buy a 4-pack and just return 1 blub?

I keep a package packing of the last group purchased, since I use over
100 at different locations I save the burnt out ones and wait till I
have a full pack, but knowing HD they would give you just one, my
failure rate is so minimal over 4 years and the prices now so low its
really a non issue for me now. about .45C a bulb isnt much for what I
save in electricity it is great that they do work well.