Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default What signal generator for audio work?

On Apr 16, 11:22*pm, Chris Tansit wrote:
Can someone please recommend a signal gen for audio work?
I want to get into solid state and tube/valve amp repair.
Feel free to suggest a brands/models etc.

What other gear is handy to have?
I have a scope and a DC PSU.

Any good resources on the web? *Books etc I should be reading?

Thanks
CT

There are battery powered versions.

There are dedicated instrument packages.

I started using my PC's Sound Card. It was free. Gave me total
control of what was produced and produced the lowest distrotion I've
ever seen.

Then I started using the sound card as a 'scope' and then as a
spectrum analyzer.

So now I have a two channel input high quality spectrum analyzer with
two channel tracking generator outputs!

You want to test the quality of your amplifier? Best system for it.