Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Metalworking

"Phil Kangas" wrote:

Aw yes, it's spring! Time to fire up on projects again and
enjoy life!
Have another fine day tomorrow, eih? ;))
phil

Spring is for metalworking? I got my machine room done in time so I could make chips
comfortably in the winter. I *thought* I was going to shop for an air conditioner today
for the shop but winter came back. I can put that off for another week.

What sized air conditioner do I need for a roughly 8' x 12' shop where summer temperatures
seldom get over 90 degrees F? There is a lot of thermal mass in the shop that might skew
what would be recommended for something of volume like a bed room.

As an aside, my first google came up with response on how big a air conditioner to deal
with the heat from the grow lights in the room some guy is growing mary jane. You never
know what you will find DAGS.

As to my needs, I'm thinking 3500-5000 btu, I'd rather have something quite that just
whirls away a bit on a hot day, sure don't want to sweat and freeze as something to big
kicks on.

Thanks,

Wes