Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Belt sander

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:05:42 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:32:17 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

Ditto. An old B&D jigsaw and belt sandah sit on my shelf, ready for
use. If you need a shop shelf, cut the board with an axe or B&D
jigsaw, shorten to length with the sandah, and put 'em up.

My old jig saw was all metal and no tilt shoe. The drill frame is metal
with a plastic handle, single speed, 1/4", keyed chuck, and forward only.

Both considerably older than mine. My jigsaur has a custome plastique
body and I don't think the shoe is -designed- to tilt, anyway.

And my old B&D 7614 is a 1/4", 1.5hp, rack&pinion/micrometer fed
routah which I can adjust to within a RCH. I've always loved that old
beastie.

Mine be earlier as it only has 3/4" hp and is all metal except for the
plastic handles and bottom of the base. I was never very fond of the rack
and pinion on my model as it used a wing nut to fix the adjustment but
unfortunately tightening the wing nut would readjust the depth.

Mine has an eccentric lever for lock. It doesn't change the setting.
http://fwd4.me/83z item 55

It is my go
to router for triming laminate. where the bottom bearing laminate bit is not
so fussy about depth settings.

I think I'll try the little Griz H7791 trim-routah for laminate the
next time I cut'n'trim some. A lighter routah is better for precision
like that.

---
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
--Erica Jong