Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT- Pension funds

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"azotic" wrote:

There was an interesting piece recently about some podunk town and
their new
waste treatment plant.
I can't remember where I saw it but it had to do with the scams
(all legal)
that were run on local governments.
In the instance I viewed, several city council members might end
up in jail.

I think this is the story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics..._main_street/1

A very intresting read.

Sure was. If the story was true, there should be a RICO prosecution
of the bank.

Wes

Wes, that's banks doing bank business. That's what freewheeling
competition in the financial industry breeds. It's another case of
market failure.

And Matt Taibbi, as much as I love his writing, sometimes runs a
little over the top with his interpretations of the facts. d8-)

Hey Ed.
Pretty funny that 41 Republican's sent off their anti-reform letter on the
same day Goldman got popped don't you think.
The letter preceded the indictment by a couple of hours.
I laughed so hard thinking of how Boehner, and especially McConnell, were
probably cursing everything in sight I nearly peed my pants.
You couldn't make this stuff up.

--
John R. Carroll