Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT- Pension funds

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Government, OTOH, is the reverse. That's the theory anyway, and the
interests of government in our own society are whatever the
interests of the people are. That's by definition.

I believe the Tea Party would disagree.

They'd agree completely Wes, and wouldn't exist if they didn't.

No, they exist because government isn't responding to a significant
part of the populations interests.

They exist because they think getting organized and changing the result at
the polls is doable.
They are mad because they are out of power and what is getting done isn't
what THEY want done.
Anytime the tea baggers want to draw a weapon to make changes, they'll end
up either dead or in jail.

We had an election Wes, several actually. The winners are carrying out the
agenda they ran on and they are doing it within the limits of what is
possible using the tools our government and the law provide. Statements to
the contrary, and there are a lot of those, are idiocy.
That idiocy can be tested in the Courts.

When you see mostly conservative
types out protesting, it is a clue that government is on the wrong
track.

America has never been, isn't now, and probably never will be a country of
angry white men.
Not for long anyway.
That is what the Tea Party is. That and a revenue stream.

It is the left that likes to protest at the drop of a hat on
any issue. My uncle, 68 years of age went to a tea party event, his
first time ever at a protest. I had to work, it could have been a
twofer.

I wish you could have gone. It would have affirmed, just like the rest of
the T.P.er's do, that you believe our government really does work. That
isn't what anyone says of course, but actions speak louder than words.

Believe me Wes, I hear this stupid **** out here in California every day.
"Government doesn't work", "The peoples will is being subverted", Blah Blah
Blah. My answer, which you well know, is that it's lazy assed **** poor
voters that are the problem.

There is not now, nor will there ever be, a substitute for a well informed,
well educated and actively involved electorate.
Period.

--
John R. Carroll