Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger[_9_] Roger[_9_] is offline

Default Russel Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

Graham. wrote:
"jaymack" wrote in message ...
Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to repair the internal bread slice holder that has become
loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket. Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available
from? I have contacted the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

Regards

Security screws on domestic appliances should be banned by law on
the basis it discourages amateur DIY repairs and ensures that many otherwise easy to
repair items end up polluting the environment.

Unfortunately the 'Part P' argument applies: "If it only saves one life ..."

In reality, it serves to prevent the manufacturer getting sued when some
idiot decides to repair it with foil from a cigarette packet. Shame they
can't find a away to stop the Darwinianly-challenged levering out the
burnt toast with the bread-knife ...

Roger.