Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Russel Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to
repair the internal bread slice holder that has become loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket.
Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available from? I have contacted
the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jaymack" wrote in message ...
Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to repair the internal bread slice holder that has become
loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket. Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available
from? I have contacted the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

Regards

Security screws on domestic appliances should be banned by law on
the basis it discourages amateur DIY repairs and ensures that many otherwise easy to
repair items end up polluting the environment.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , jaymack
writes
Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to
repair the internal bread slice holder that has become loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket.
Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available from? I have contacted
the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

It might be a 'System Zero' fastener:
http://www.securityfasteners.net/System%20Zero.htm

Couldn't find drivers on that site but RS do them:
http://rswww.com , a search for "System Zero" will find them.

Don't think you'll like the price though, 8quid a pop + vat, maybe a
google will find them cheaper but they are low volume niche market
fasteners and tools. Maybe drilling and replacing is the answer.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jaymack wrote:
Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to
repair the internal bread slice holder that has become loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx
socket. Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available from? I
have contacted the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold
my breath.

Regards

Ordinary socket spanner with 12 grooves
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
"jaymack" wrote in message ...
Russell Hobbs Toaster Model 10617

This has Torx external 6 lobe screws for the assembly fixings, I need to repair the internal bread slice holder that has become
loose.
I have a set of security sockets that doesn't have an external Torx socket. Anyone have knowledge of where a socket is available
from? I have contacted the service department at Russell Hobbs but I won't hold my breath.

Regards

Security screws on domestic appliances should be banned by law on
the basis it discourages amateur DIY repairs and ensures that many otherwise easy to
repair items end up polluting the environment.

Unfortunately the 'Part P' argument applies: "If it only saves one life ..."

In reality, it serves to prevent the manufacturer getting sued when some
idiot decides to repair it with foil from a cigarette packet. Shame they
can't find a away to stop the Darwinianly-challenged levering out the
burnt toast with the bread-knife ...

Roger.

Russell Hobbs toaster Howard Neil UK diy 3 December 13th 09 08:36 PM
Toaster Frustration TheScullster UK diy 9 December 19th 06 10:54 PM
Un-toaster Asimov Electronics Repair 1 February 15th 06 07:51 AM
Toaster [email protected] Home Repair 8 September 13th 04 06:05 PM
6 volt Hobbs meter Whunicut Metalworking 27 July 8th 04 11:34 PM