BigWallop

Default CCTV Video Capture

"Big Tim" Use.the.reply.to@address wrote in message
I'm in the process of wireing the house up with coax and cat5 cable as
well as installing an alarm system.

What I'd like to do is to add some CCTV cameras, but use a PC to
capture the pictures and software to trigger any alarms.

My research so far has been informative, apart from finding out about
the capture cards that I can get for my PC.

To date I've come to the conclusion that what I want/need (to start
with) is a 4-port PCI card. Of the few I can find any details of on
the web or in the newsgroups is the Trust 814. But in previous posts
(ages ago) it seems I'm limited to only one card in a PC. I can find
this for sale (@£60 at the moment) online.

Other cards that have been mentioned such as the PICO 2000 I don't
seem to be able to find and the other systems I can find are complete
systems, such as the geovision. I'm not looking for a software
element as I'll be building a Linux based PC.

So has anyone any suggestions as to a) a make of card that would be
useful, and b) where I can get these cards.

I've already ooked at Henrys.co.uk and rfcomponents.co.uk for cameras
and stuff.

Any suggestions?

(Cross posted on uk.d-i-y and uk.tech.electronic-security)

--
Big Tim

A cheap router and some of these:

http://tinyurl.com/rxx6

or this, but watch out for the line wrap:

http://www.sonybiz.net/cgi-bin/bvisa...gcfnicfnedof.0