Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Tips for transporting a washer and dryer on their side

In article , DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 14, 3:21=A0pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , Slacker wr=

ote:
muzician21 wrote:
Going to transport a top load washer and front load dryer on their
sides in my station wagon. I believe new ones have a transport bolt
that holds things in place during handling, if I transport these on
their side, I assume the bolt is going to be long gone.

Any tips for transporting them like that?

Buddy, pickup truck, six-pack and a pizza?

Failing that, if it's a local move, Home Depot rents a good sized truck
for $19 for and hour and a quarter.

That might be good. I rented a van at Uhaul for $20 a day and it
finally cost me $180 at the end of the day.

greg

$180?

I rented an open landscaping-type trailer from U-haul for less than
$20 for the day. My son bought a riding mower at Sears (right next to
U-Haul!) and that was the cheapest way (other than driving it) to get
it home. That might work for the washer and dryer, as long as the OP
has pads and tie-downs available.

Of course, I already had a hitch and 2" receiver on my van, so it was
just "hook up and go."

Why did it cost you $180? Mileage?

Milage plus insurance.