Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Belt sander

On Apr 14, 8:09*pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 13, 10:22*pm, "Max" wrote:

My Elu 3 X 21 belt sander bit the dust, (heh-heh)
Recommendations for a replacement? *
My gratitude will be undying.
(dust collection will be a significant feature)

Max

I have a Makita 4x24 belt sander. *Its a good sander I guess.
Powerful. *LONG cord. *OK dust collection I guess. *Belt tracks well.
But of all the tools I've bought over the years, the belt sander fits
into the "I wish I would not have bought it" category. *Just not all
that ueful for me. *I have hand planes that can smooth a surface far
quicker and easier.

Russell-

But ... DO you wear a helmet, when using your belt sander ?

Sorry. Your name was familiar from the bicycling forums ;-)