Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Belt sander

"Max" wrote in message
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message

LOL. The first thing *I* did was search for a Festool *belt* sander. If
I *could* buy one I'm convinced I *would* buy one.
Some folks are uncomfortable using a belt sander but I find them very
useful.
No one in El Paso sells Festool and I would like to get my hands on a
Rotex before I commit. I'm just not sure it would be aggressive enough.

Max

Many of the Festool on line dealers will ship for free. Regaudless of who
you buy from it will be the same price. Festool has a 30 day money back
guarantee. No commitment if you don't like it.
Agressive enough? I have owned a couple of belt sanders and still have one
but even my old right angle PC ROS would give the belt sander a run for the
money. My Rotex will certainly keep up.
And as mentioned before, dust is pretty much a non issue. AND way way way
quieter than a belt sander.