Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Belt sander

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:48:49 -0500, the infamous dpb
scrawled the following:

- The long cord is nice, but--there is something about the way this one
is attached and that pliability that I find the d-d tail is _always_
underfoot; I can't count the times it's gotten chewed up so far. My old
B&D w/ a stiffer cord never seemed to cause such grief...

I drape my cords over my shoulder, sometimes wrapping them around my
arm, so they never get munched. It's embarassing to saw through your
cord and blow a client's circuits, not to mention a real hassle in the
interim, until you get the cord repaired and then replaced.

- Balance/ergonomics compared to most of what else is out there is
reasonable as noted; it still doesn't balance very well and the
switch/lock is very cumbersome for my hands, anyway. The lock in
particular is in such a deep recess and position that I have to poke it
w/ the forefinger of the other hand most of the time to engage it.

I hate easy trigger locks. They've sabotaged me more than once.

--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!