Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Slacker[_2_] Slacker[_2_] is offline

Default Tips for transporting a washer and dryer on their side

LouB wrote:
Slacker wrote:
muzician21 wrote:
Going to transport a top load washer and front load dryer on their
sides in my station wagon. I believe new ones have a transport bolt
that holds things in place during handling, if I transport these on
their side, I assume the bolt is going to be long gone.

Any tips for transporting them like that?

Buddy, pickup truck, six-pack and a pizza?

Failing that, if it's a local move, Home Depot rents a good sized
truck for $19 for and hour and a quarter.

Don't you need to buy something at HD to get that deal?

Not around here.

But if they do in your neck of the woods, just buy something--- and
return it when you bring the truck back...