john moorhead

Default Can Pan Cake Air Compressor Refill a 5-gal Air Tank for a Brad Gun?

I think that a small compresser should easily fill up a portable air tank.
I have just the arrangement in my shop and can easily get 20 or 30 brads per
fill, depending on how long the brads are and what I'm shooting them into.
If you are looking at getting a small pancake compressor, I would strongly
recommend an oil type, rather than oil free. I fill my tank up to a bit
over 100 psi and I can drive brads until the pressure gets down to about 45
psi.

Harbor Freight, K mart, KRagen and the like have the cheapos.... I got a
fine one, oil lubed, at HF for $90..., depending on your use/needs/budget
that might work or you might want to go with a Senco or DW.... I think Senco
has a pretty good package for about 150 or 200...

YMMV, other will post their opinions as well... Good luck....

John Moorhead
Lakeport, CA

PS:: Here's the link for the compressor that I got at HF.... I think it has
gotten pretty good reviews here on the NG (for HF stuff, that is...) One of
the few diamonds in the rough...