Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Belt sander

On 4/14/2010 3:24 PM, Max wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

Seriousely,
http://www.festoolusa.com/products/r...er-571536.html

It will keep up with a belt sander or do fine polishing.

I quit using a belt sander about 25 years ago.

Dammit!! Will you guys quit with the Festool stuff? Some one here is
going to think I'm rich; buying all the fancy tools.
Now to find somewhere where I can get my hands on a Rotex.
Sigh.

Leon's the neighborhood pusher. DAMHIKT

I bought the 5" Rotex 125 after seeing his make quick work of a couple
of _large_ kitchens' face frames after installation (we usually leave
the final FF sanding until after installation as most paint contractor's
helpers can't match the sanding we can do).

Pretty damned amazing, and even more amazing is it is virtually dust
free free with the CT22E dust extractor. You can easily use the setup in
a finished house without little regard for dust protection if need be.

On that note ... I just Section 179'ed about $2500 worth of Festool
today as I was finishing up my 2009 taxes before eFiling. Really made it
worthwhile seeing those Festool figures lower the tax liability with
each entry.

It hurts up front, but damn ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net