Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Belt sander

"StephenM" wrote in message
I got one of these about a year ago.
http://www.toolbarn.com/makita-9920.html
It replaced a POS 3x21 craftsman wich I dumped because it had no dust
collection.

There is nothing about it that I did not like, There are a few things that
I think are particularly Good:

* the integrated dust collection appears to get 90%. That exceeded my
expectations Oddly attaching a shop vac did not seem to improve on that
much.

* Supposedly the quietest of the breed. It's certainly much quieter than
my crapsman.

* I like the extra length of a 3x24. It's easier to *not* dig in and make
a mess

*Subjective, but I find the balance and ergonomics to be quite good.

* Belt tracking is perfect.

* A long and plyable cord. I wish vendors would either put long cords or
really short cords on a tool.

-Steve

"Max" wrote in message
My Elu 3 X 21 belt sander bit the dust, (heh-heh)
Recommendations for a replacement? My gratitude will be undying.
(dust collection will be a significant feature)

Max

But....But.... I have *many* 3 X 21 belts. {:-(

Max