Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Using drywall screws for woodworking

Link to a good article posted in another newsgroup:

http://www.woodbin.com/misc/drywall_screws.htm

Personally, I'm pretty "old school" and something of a purist, and don't
like to use these other for their intended purpose (securing drywall to
framing), but I'll admit that I've grabbed them and used them a time or
three for other things.

Discussion in other ng was about coarse vs. fine threads: consensus
seems to be that coarse threads are better in wood.

Didja know that the fine-thread screws were originally made for putting
up drywall on metal framing? I didn't.