Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lower cost drill bushings?

On 4/13/2010 7:51 AM CW spake thus:

"Mark Whittingham" wrote in message

I've been needing some drill bushings for shop made jigs and see that
the ones from LV are close to $2.70 each and the inserts ar $2.35
each. Seems expensive to me but what do I know. Anyone know off-hand
if this is a reasonable price? Anyone got a better source? I'm
planning to buy a handful in a bunch of sizes - and I'm also curious
about getting some that are in "odd" diameters like 7 and 11 64ths.
Thanks much.

Type "drill bushing" into Google. There are thousnds of places that sell
them.

Yes, I think we all know by now that there's this big old thing called
Google that you can ask questions of. But out of the 241,000 results (I
just did the search), how many are actually useful? How many are sites
where you can actually *buy* a small quantity of drill bushings, and not
some industrial cyber-squatter page from China or Taiwan or Korea? Of
the manufacturers of drill bushings, which ones are better, or cheaper,
or offer a discount?

Not helpful.

By the way, if you use "drill bushing" (with the quotation marks), you
narrow the results to 104,000. Often better to be more specific with a
search engine.