Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz[_4_] bz[_4_] is offline

Default How to repair plastic seal for liquids used in human consumption?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

And as you say, something safe at room temperature
sure as shooting is likely to fail on all counts, including
toxic byproducts, when heated!

I'm not sure about that. Silicones are highly stable, and the boiling
point of water is hardly a high temperature. Many carbon-based organic
compounds are stable at those temperatures. (Boiling pasta, for example,
doesn't cause it to disintegrate.)

but boiling pasta DOES 'denature' the chemicals making up the uncooked
pasta.

Cooked food is definitely different chemically from uncooked food.

--
bz

infinite set.