Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ARO chain hoist

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:53:47 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus11847
scrawled the following:

On 2010-04-13, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:48:56 -0500, Ignoramus1414

On 2010-04-13, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:20:38 -0500, Ignoramus1414
wrote:

I called Ingersoll-Rand. The hoist was made in 1974. Since it was made
after I was born, I consider is almost new. The tech guy told me the
same thing as I was told here, most likely it is a bad, rotted seal
and I need to find out which one, and they will sell me a
replacement.

They have a replacement control arm for not too much (relatively
speaking -- the hoist cost me $35 and the replacement control arm is
$78), and the seals.

You have a mill and a welder. Make a new control arm. Save yourself $78
plus shipping and enjoy doing it.

I would need the drawing, I cannot make an approximately right control
arm.

You have the busted parts...right?

The arm looks like this (if I look at it sideways)

And all I have in my possession is ~~~

Ah, but you're smarter than the broken parts, Ig. You can dismantle it
and see which way the ~~~ moves to actuate the mechanism and design a
new arm in minutes, right? Does it rotate on a vertical or horizontal
plane? Design arms to fit with proper ends for the actuator you plan
to use. No worries, mate!

--
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace
will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will