Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1414 Ignoramus1414 is offline

Default ARO chain hoist

On 2010-04-13, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:16:46 -0500, Ignoramus1414

On 2010-04-12, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1414 wrote:

I called Ingersoll-Rand. The hoist was made in 1974. Since it was made
after I was born, I consider is almost new. The tech guy told me the
same thing as I was told here, most likely it is a bad, rotted seal
and I need to find out which one, and they will sell me a
replacement.

They have a replacement control arm for not too much (relatively
speaking -- the hoist cost me $35 and the replacement control arm is
$78), and the seals.

You are not doing too bad. I'd hate to tell you how much a quad coil of air hose that
goes to an IR ballancer costs. The hose isn't pictured in the link below.

http://www.ingersollrand.pl/download...-Balancers.pdf

The hoist mechanism is operated by a piston that pushes on a reel drum that spins on a
ball screw.

Well, that would be all great, assuming I fix it.

I think that I found the problem, just now. One of the directional
valves had a rubber O-ring on it and that o-ring was loose and
disconnected from the valve where it should have been. I reassembled
the hoist, but did something wrong and it does not work right now. I
am sure that I did not position the special crosswise shaft where I
should have. Ingersoll emailed me the manual for my model and serial
number, I will print it and will find out the reassembly instruction.

The good thing about this hoist is that it is much lighter than an
electric hoist. (electric hoist weighs about 150 lbs, this one, maybe
70).

How much does the compressor weigh?

700 lbs?

I have these electric hoists for sale currently

1ton TCM, 3ph, minty++
1ton Dayton (TCM) 110v Very Good
1/2ton TCM 110vt Minty+++

How much do you want for the 1 ton dayton 110v?