Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Bending skirting board to fit a bay window.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:57:44 +0100, "Stuart Pearson"
wrote:

I have a bay which has been plastered to a smooth curve, which I need to
bend skirting board to fit. The bay is about 8' across and 3' deep, either
side finishes nearly 90 to the back. In the rest of the property I have
used MDF for the skirting but I can get the same profile in pine, the finish
will be painted. The skirting is 3/8'' by 4 1/2'', I have thought of a few
options outlined below but I am not really keen on any of them.

Have you tried just pushing the MDF in there to see if it will go? I
haven't used the 3/8 but the 5/8 I have used is pretty darn flexible.
I would think the 3/8 would make the bend.
If it won't go, I'd use two pieces and just rip them to make a back
side and a front side. You need to use two pieces to make up for the
loss of the saw blade width. Surely 3/16 of mdf will make the bend.

Mike O.