Silvan

Default Christmas gloats...

Stephen M wrote:

I think that was a very stealthful drive-by gloat :-)

Good catch.

Why so it was, I suppose. It was a long time ago. I know 10 years is
nothing to many here, but there's a big difference between 22 and 32.

A lot has changed in 10 years. Mostly, I appreciate Renee a lot more now
than I did then. I sure never planned the way any of that happened, but I
can't imagine what I'd be doing with my life right now if it hadn't.

I'll be sure to tell her that come next January... January... 10th? 20th?
Oh hell. LOL!

Oh, and BTW, a real gloat... SWMBO says to me "Honey, I've been thinking
about buying you a scroll saw."

That wasn't on my list, or even on my mind, really. That came from left
field. It probably means she wants me to make her something with it, but
I'll be glad to. It's sitting in the dining room right now with a big bow
on it. Delta 16" VS, probably not top of the line, but I asked about it a
bit back and it seems this will be a nice little critter to have around the
shop. She paid for it with her money, and she earns a lot less than I do,
so that took some doing.

Yeah, I'd say that's a gloat.

(And all I got her were some stupid clothes and some stupid little pieces of
rock and metal with no power cords and no moving parts... How boring!)

Having a wife who puts up with me is a gloat too. I'm not easy to live
with, and we both know it. She loves me pretty much unconditionally. I'll
never understand it, but it sure is nice.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/