Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Tougher modula jacks

wrote in message
Evey month the little lever thingie snaps off the modular RJ11 mail
connector on my laptop's dialup modem cable and I have to crimp on a
new one. Not a major sweat, but are there tougher, maybe metalic
connectors that don't keep snapping? Do they work with the same crimpers?

BTW, what is the smallest (still cheap) crimper? Maybe on a stick you
press down instead of clamp like a plier?
Idea is it should be like a screwdrive, disposable and in pocket.

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus,

BioStrategist
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime

Bimbos]

Could you make a sort of soft sprung mount inside the exposed finger-tab
piece, perhaps some cable sleeve and hotmelt glue each side, Then if/when
the original hinge end fails , remake with some hotmelt glue at that end.
Hotmelt string details on my tips files, off below

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm