Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just got a planer... Anything I should know?

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote
Hey, did you guys know the exhaust really blows? I put a hose on the
output and directed it in to a 5 gallon bucket. Then, I ran a board
through... Those planer shavings are just like confetti! I had no idea
directing the output to a can like that was such a bad idea!

No wonder the home made chip collectors all had covered cans.

I bought my planer one day, then bought the dust collector the next day.