Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rich Webb Rich Webb is offline

Default How to repair plastic seal for liquids used in human consumption?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:45:28 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

On Apr 11, 4:13*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
What is the best way to reseal this junction, but preserve
the requirement that the liquid in contact will be consumed
by humans?

Silicone adhesives, as far as I know, are not particularly toxic in the
first place, and I doubt a properly cured bond would leach.

Can food be placed in contact if I use superglue? Doubt it, but need
confirmation.

Superglue isn't stable. It can be weakened simply by contact with water.

I'm inclined to agree with the poster who suggested buying a new pot.

not an option

Short answer: GFGI

Medium answer: A search of "food grade adhesive" turns up some likely
candidates. This looks promising:
http://www.emisupply.com/catalog/su5005-food-grade-silicone-hitemp-103oz-cartridge-p-2284.html

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA